The Nourish Collective Presents . . . the Good Karma Circus 2013!
9pm May 4th 2013 ~ A festival supporting The Nourish Collective ~ Bands, Art, Beer, Bubbles, Hoopers, Drum Jam, Henna and Fire Spinners. $10 per person. 18 and up.
Pre-event from 6-8pm. Pre-event includes light refreshments, a sneak peak at the art gallery, a presentation and Meet and Greet with The Nourish Collective, and an acoustic set with Chris Johnson of Telegraph Canyon. $20 per person (includes both events). Kids welcome to pre-event. 18 and up after 8:30 pm.
For more information>>
Welcome to the Nourish Collective!
Thanks for stopping by! The Nourish Collective nourished hope by cultivating life-giving solutions to poverty, poor health, and despair. As passionate leaders in our global community, we are putting hope on the map.
Learn more >>
"Soap & H20" Statistics
• 1.6 million deaths a year are attributed to preventable diseases spread through unsafe water, poor sanitation, and lack of hygiene.
• Handwashing is the single most important means of preventing the spread of infection.
• Washing hands with soap and water could reduce diarrheal disease and death by up to 50%.
• Even under circumstances where clean water is not available, evidence indicates that hygiene practices using unsafe water are beneficial to reducing the spread of disease and are better than not washing at all.
• In addition to water, another hygiene challenge in less developed countries is access to soap. Even when soap is available, it is typically used for laundry and bathing instead of for handwashing. (from CDC)
Learn more >>
ABC: Asset-Based Community Assessments
We’re assessing sustainable ways of generating income in Ethiopia, Morocco, India, and Nepal! read more.
Soap & H2O
We're planning three international "Soap & H2O" business development and health education seminars in 2013 – 2014! read more.